Sunday, June 14, 2009

30 April

My dooms day came. And without a doubt, my presentation was really lousy, I am too weak in my execution. I feel really bad my work is so terrible. But never mind, I shall try harder.

Some useful feedback I gained was that the way I told my story is too long and is unable to fit the given time frame. I should learn how to spot the gist of the story better. I have been bad at summary since Secondary school.

Thus, due to my inability to spot the gist well, and too many things are cluttered together, there is no focus and the scenarios jump from one to another, thus, it confuses the audiences.

My comedy parts have also failed. Aha. I thought of the kangaroo grabbing the Old man’s wife in urgency, but Mr Alan pointed out that it does not make sense. I should think twice before doing what I do the next time.

In summary, he gave me advice on improving and shortening the story, which was to make it a news report style and take out parts that are not important, like the mother kangaroo died, the family adopted the baby and also that he frequently visits them.

I appreciate these advices, but somehow I still feel rather stifled by it.

I really feel like changing my story as I am stressed out by it. I like it as a piece of interesting news, but not as much as a animated short film as I think it’s too serious, with the Old man being knocked unconscious and the wife and all having to save him. It’s just a personal opinion. (: I would prefer a story with a more unusual storyline to it.

I am looking, I found a story about a Rhinoceros who though it was a dog and followed his playmates running around outside the house which scared away some visitors and also spoilt a bed he tried to sleep on when he saw the dogs doing so previously. It is really adorable, and here’s the link if you all are interested to take a look at. (:

Here’s the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-417111/The-extraordinary-story-Rupert-rhino.html

I am still thinking about it. But its pretty sad as the rhino died at the end due to pneumonia when he was released back into the wild as he got too big for his owners. ):

No comments:

Post a Comment