Today we had to present our ideas to our little group and try to remember every member’s story and present it to the class later on.
We had fun listening to everyone’s stories.
During presentation, most of us had a hard time remembering exactly the flow of each story, furthermore, there are three to retell and it was quite a challenge.
Initially, I though the session was just to share our finds with the class and widen our horizon. I assumed that what we will be learning from this experience is how each individual views the definition of weird in the stories they presented.
What I didn’t realise about till our lecturer mentioned was that with each retelling of the story, one can see the factors that left an impression on the listeners. Through this, I can also see how differently others view stories and events as compared to my own viewpoint all along. I can have a better grasp to the events in which are more crucial in bringing out the story.
At the end of the sharing session, I gained another important experience from sharing. That is the reaction of a large group of listeners. I am able to see how others receive my story and compare to the reaction I want, whether it tallies and make adjustments accordingly.
Lesson was quite enjoyable today and I particularly remembered two stories which I feel are very disturbing. One was a girl hanging herself on the tree during Halloween and people though it was a prop. Another was the 72 years old woman who was pregnant with a dead foetus for 60 years.
Remembering these stories help me see my own viewpoint from my classmates when I recall back and retell the story in my blog and I believe some of these concepts will come in handy in brainstorming sessions in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment