Thursday, April 23, 2009
Day 1-21st april
Today was the start of Project 3. We got into little groups and Alan passed us groups a weird story each to brainstorm the approach as to whether a video or an animation piece will best bring out the story.
Thereafter we were given a set of questionnaire to help us determine the possible scenarios in which we will have to take note of that will in turn affect our animation.
There were questions like spotting our target audiences, the kind of reaction we are going for and the important factors such as sounds and events that makes up the animation.
Everything had to be taken into consideration to create the animation. We had to show all our results later on and show how we are going to portray the above questions and incorporate it visually into our animations.
I was amazed by the scope of the areas we have to consider when we first saw the paper as there were many new points mentioned that I never really cared about in the past or saw the importance of it. For instance, I always though having a target audience does not really matter as I hoped the animations I create can be for a wide group regardless of the young and old. But through the exercises and explanation from the lecturer, I came to realise that this decision is very important and marks the direction of the style and in many ways makes the decision to sticky matters one will come across from time to time.
I never really thought of the reaction I would want from the audiences too. Knowing it now, I plan my events according to the reaction I would like and it just makes the whole story idea more interesting.
Today’s lesson was a valuable experience. Although I was quiet, many thoughts were flowing through my head. And I appreciate these learning processes.
Tomorrow, we will have to come up with a few weird stories and apply these steps. I look forward to applying these questions to my new found weird story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment